Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Home again...

This week was a tough one! I had a conference in Kansas City that I had to attend for work... and it was 3 DAYS and 3 NIGHTS away from home. I have never been away from Beckett over night, so I was a little worried about being miserable the whole time (I think the ladies I went with were concerned too), but everything ended up being fine- I had fun (despite missing Beckett and Kenny terribly) and Beckett and Kenny had some quality father-son bonding time.

I really did enjoy my time in KC, I love going there and this time I was able to go with 2 friends and colleagues, Charley and Kerry, that are very fun and very understanding that I needed to be busy (a.k.a. distracted) and that I needed to call home, a lot!
Stacy, Charley, and I at the Zona Rosa.
We arrived on Wednesday night and crashed from the long day and the long drive. We were staying in the same hotel as the conference, which also happened to have a casino located downstairs as well. Thursday was busy with the conference and then then we went to dinner with 2 of Charley's friends, who quickly became my and Kerry's friends as well! All of us went to the casino after dinner and quickly realized that roulette was a lucky game for us to play! :) Friday night, we ventured out of the hotel and went to dinner at Houlihan's and then made a couple stops at the Zona Rosa before calling it a night. It was nice to meet new people and be in a different place, but I really wish Kenny and Beckett could have been there... I was ready to head home on Saturday!

I think Beckett and Kenny were just as excited to see me as I was to see them! After we got home, Beckett was hanging out in the kitchen with me, like he usually does, and since I hadn't been here to snap pics of him in a few days I caught a few funny moments.

I took a cooler on my trip to bring back some Gates BBQ (yum) and Beckett thought it made a great drum!

His new favorite "toys"- left over plastic containers from Christmas (I still don't know why we buy him actual toys...)
He loves to climb from his Beckett Chair to the couch and back down again, this was just a silly face that came up in the process.
The cliches are true: absence makes the heart grow fonder, and there's nothing like coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment