This weekend was OSU's Homecoming celebration! Kenny and I have been every year since we were dating and this was Beckett's 3rd Homecoming experience!
As you can tell, he was very excited to go to Stillwater :)
Once we arrived it was already very crowded, but from the Student Union parking garage we had a great view!
After a quick picture, we were off to brave the crowds.
Our first stop was to get a picture with Pistol Pete, I'll have to post that one later, but Beckett was in awe of Pete. He literally just started at him! I was worried we'd never get him to look at the camera, finally we did but I still haven't seen the photo so I'm not sure how it turned out... After the star shock of seeing Pistol Pete in real life wore off, Beckett really loved people watching and looking at housedecks. The weather was perfect for walking around, it rained earlier in the day but I was very impressed because the housedecks looked perfect! I am always amazed at what tissue paper and chicken wire can be made into. Every year we have such a hard time picking our favorite housedeck- I could not be a judge!
(can you see Garth in these pictures?! I was REALLY impressed with this one :))
The AGR housedeck might have been my favorite because everything was 3D and the colors were great! They also had "Life is a Highway" playing in the background- their theme was "Life is a Highway that leads to the Cowboy Nation".
After looking at the housedecks, we took Beckett over to the Student Union we wanted him to be able to run around before getting into the car again. He had a great time :)
The Student Union
Library
Before heading out, we went to get a burger and coney behind Coney Island. I think we have met up with my friend Lissette and her husband Justin here every year too. This year, we ate and watched some live music while waiting for (and then talking to) Lissette and Justin. Beckett was loving the live music! There was lots of room for him to dance- and he did dance!
The guys in the band that was waiting to go on stage thought he was so funny they let us put him on stage, he wasn't as into dancing on stage though. I think he prefers to be in the audience for now!
We had such a great time and even though OSU lost their game today, we still "live orange" and love our Cowboy Nation!

No comments:
Post a Comment