Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

An Adoption Story

I have been following Under the Sycamore Tree blog for a while now. Ashley Ann is a local mom, photographer, blogger, and crafter. I absolutely love her blog!  I found out about it last November when I went to an event at her church where she has presented some of her crafty and photo related ideas- she is amazing!!

When I started reading her blog regularly, Ashley (because I feel like I know her), and her family were in the middle of adopting a baby girl from China.  I have followed so closely her journey. She does such an amazing job of writing her story, she shares so many things both good and bad, exciting and frustrating.

I suppose this post is more for me to remember how touched I am by her story, by her honesty, and by her faith.  But I also know that a lot of people in my life hold a special place in their heart for adoption- in the past, present, and the future. So we'll just say this is for everyone. :-)

This is the link to their first whole-family picture that Ashley published yesterday. Beautiful.

You can read all about their process by clicking on "our adoption journey" on the left, you can also go to her blog homepage and read all about the last two weeks they have spent in China. Grab some tissues if you are going to do that though :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment