Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baby #2 Update: It's A...

This week were were excited to find out the gender of Baby #2.  I must say EVERYONE though it was going to be a girl except for me (and my friend Jess :)).  I think that part of the reason I thought it would be a boy was because this pregnancy has been exactly the same as it was with Beckett. Just a quick note for the sake of documentation (not that I'll soon forget...): I have been so sick! I started getting nauseous around 7-8 weeks and from 8 weeks to 14 weeks I was so sick I had to be on medicine and wear a unit on my wrist that sent electrical pulses to a nerve in my arm so that I wouldn't be sick.  Here's a pic of what that looked like:
Around 14 weeks I was able to lose the wrist deal and now I'm just on the meds... and yes I still need them! I keep hoping that one day I will wake up and not feel sick... but I'm at 18 weeks and it hasn't happened yet.  Luckily, Baby 2 is looking perfect and, thanks to the interventions, still growing right on track!

So enough with the suspense already, right? As my mom put it: we are tickled pink to be having a girl!! Beckett will soon have a little sister to love and chase around the house! We are very very excited and have already begun the preparations for her nursery, and we are in the process of trying to pick a name!

Here's a picture of her first gift- from Mimi! The darker pink and green colors in the night light will be 2 of the accent colors in her nursery, and I keep picking up the precious dress and thinking "I can't believe we are going to have a baby this little!" I can't wait!!

Here's a comparison of "belly pics" just to keep track... the first one is from Beckett- it was taken at 16 weeks, and the second is Baby 2 at 17 weeks, and I was AMAZED when I looked at how my back has already started to curve with this one! Seriously, at 17 weeks! Geeze! I do think that she will take after her brother and rest pretty low- a great thing for my lungs :) It is kind of fun to see how similar they are!

We have so much to look forward to and we are so thankful to have a healthy baby girl, we pray that she continues to grow healthy and strong and we are anxiously waiting to meet her in June!

4 comments:

  1. At least we were on the same wavelength, friend! Nonetheless, I am so excited for M to have a BFF-- OSU here they come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pics! I love the belly comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Yeah a girl! So happy for you guys for baby #2. Will keep you in our prayers. Hope to see you guys soon. I think of you guys often and hope know you are welcome to visit any time. We love you guys and enjoy the updates on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss the fact that you were pregnant? Congrats, friend! Little girls are so, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete