Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Recovery Week and Happy Epiphany!

Normally, the week after Christmas I take all my decorations down. By then they've been up a month and I'm anxious to dust under all the garland and vacuum under the tree. Not this year! Not only did I lack motivation, there were still presents under the tree! You can't take a tree down until all the presents are opened. It's a rule. We were unable to celebrate with my Mom and family on Christmas Day, so our holiday was extra-long this year!

We spent this week feeling better and catching up on all the things we didn't do when we were feeling under the weather. Including our last Christmas celebration of 2012. Or our first one of 2013...

This week we also enjoyed a light dusting of snow- the first we've seen of the white stuff all season and it didn't even stick.

We were still recovering from being sick, which meant a lot of low-key play time in our jammies. Good thing the kids had brand new toys to keep them busy inside.





Last night, we had our final Christmas celebration of this holiday season. And it was "Epiphany Eve" so we are still well within "Christmas Time" limits ;) It was so fun watching the kids open gifts, again, only this time they didn't feel sick. Needless to say I think they enjoyed themselves!


{I'm pretty excited about this gift :)}


{Ryan wasn't too interested in unwrapping... Beckett helped out}

{She did LOVE the packing peanuts!}




{Kenny's gift involved a power point and a charitable donation. My mom is so creative!}



Fa la la la la la la la la!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you all are feeling better and were able to celebrate- even if it was a little late. :)

    ReplyDelete