Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lazy BA Weekends

So this weekend has been pretty uneventful- and I mean that in the best way possible (even though it means no pictures)! We've just been hanging out at home and enjoying some family time. Beckett has been such a happy baby the past week, I think that his new teeth have stopped moving for a little while (can't see them yet so we know they'll be back).

Beckett has kept us busy around here. I really think he wants to walk so badly he just can't settle for crawling anymore! This means that until he figures it out on his own, we are his crutches for getting around the house. He's getting braver about letting go of the furniture and standing for a few seconds (up from a couple seconds), now he'll even turn and "plop" down facing the opposite direction. Progress!

Reggie (dog) is not fond of Beckett's new adventuresome spirit though. We've had to scold him several times for growling at Beckett. Unlike Sammie, Reg won't just get up and walk away when Becks crawls over to him. We are watching him extra close now a days too.

In a side note: I'm excited because I finally finished decorating above the kitchen cabinets! It's only taken me 2.75 years :) (to be exact).

We went and toured some of the Parade of Homes houses around here on Saturday, let's just say I said a little prayer that I would wake up with an extra $500,000 in my bank account... ha! It was fun though to see all the bells and whistles and all the things that I can wish for in the future (again- ha!). One house even had a theater room... anyway...

It's just been a low key weekend and as usual I'm wishing that tomorrow wasn't Monday. Luckily it's a short week because of the holiday next weekend! That's always good news! I think we are going to get some sparklers for Beckett to see his first fireworks on Saturday- I don't think he's ready for the big stuff yet :)

This week Kenny discovered that Beckett loves loud sounds... Kenny was reading a book of sounds (bang bang, vroom vroom, whaaaaa, etc) to Beckett and he was laughing SO hard! We got it on video, but I'm still working on how to upload video from my computer... I will work harder on that because I really want everyone to hear it. It's so funny that when Beckett watches it he laughs again!

Well on Wednesday Beckett will be 11 months old... more on that later... I'm not ready to face it yet, I still have 2 full days of him being a 10 month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment