We are still getting ready for Christmas, the house is ready so this weekend I went gift shopping! I had a great time shopping with my mom- Utica Square this time of year is so festive. We are really looking forward to spending time with friends and family in the upcoming weeks!
At 16 months, Beckett continues to entertain. He has started saying more words- he can now ask to watch his video. He loves to brush his teeth! His animal sounds are getting better and better- he loves to see the dogs and say "woo woo woo"! We are transitioning to one nap a day and he's getting pretty good at it. Some days it is still obvious he needs a morning nap, but I'm pretty sure we will be done with am naps by the first of the year.
We are still amused by everything he gets into. The things we think he'll be really interested in he ends up ignoring (Christmas decorations, for example) but he is fascinated by simple things like paper, the dvd cases for his videos, and the cords and cables around the computer.
Doin' work
He is very "techy" and will type and use the mouse on the computer and he is also now "texting" or acting like he is- it's pretty funny! He really likes books and will bring them to us to read.
Reading to Reggie
He is also getting into crazy places. He loves to squeeze into tight places (between the elliptical and the wall) and climb into things (the bathroom cabinets). His favorite place to play is on our bed- he bounces and stands up then sits down and he'll crawl on the pillows, it's quite entertaining!
Blankie's in there too
He also laughs at himself now. I can't wait for him to be able to talk because I have a feeling he's going to be quite the funny man. He loves to make us laugh already. He'll do something, like roll his PB chair over, and then look at us and smile and scrunch his nose like he's so funny- and of course we laugh because he is so funny!
I still can't believe he's 16 months old but we are so excited to watch him grow up! It's never a dull moment and we wouldn't have it any other way!!

No comments:
Post a Comment