As usual, I can't believe Beckett is another month older! It sounds crazy to say "he's 19 months old". We are AMAZED at how much he is learning. He is a little imitator, saying what we say, doing what we do. He loves to "blow his nose" (like Kenny) and here he's helping me clean the kitchen floor (I appreciate the effort but next time we'll get a mop instead of a diaper out of the trash).
We are still working through tantrums, and we are discovering that the things that used to keep him entertained aren't good enough any more- at a restaurant we have to be on our toes to avoid a screaming "episode" :) Most of the time he is great- very happy saying "hi" and "bye" to everyone he sees, but when he's done, he's done.
He continues to have a big appetite, but he's still picky about what he eats. He loves fruits and bread, hates meat and some veggies. As a picky eater myself, I have to sympathize. For the record, I am quite confident that I did not intentionally inflict my pickiness on him :)
Beckett continues to expand his vocabulary everyday, I'm not sure I could even begin to write all of the new words he is using. He does have a strange fascination with the TV show Yo Gabba Gabba. I haven't seen the show, but I'm told he's mesmerized. When you ask him "what does Yo Gabba Gabba do?" he dances around and makes noises- he finds this so funny!
One major development is his climbing ability. He has been climbing on stuff for a while, but recently he has become much better! He can get on the coffee table and dining room table, pull out and climb into a drawer to reach stuff on the bathroom counter, he can climb into his highchair and then stand up when he wants out, and he has figured out how to get halfway out of his crib... we're in for it now! We are completely in the stage where if it gets too quiet we get worried and start looking for him.
We've gone through a few other "milestones" but those are in other posts, so I won't add them here.
We are still so wrapped up in our little boy and love to watch him grow and discover!

No comments:
Post a Comment