Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

They Do

This past weekend we were able to celebrate the marriage of Lauren Dufur to Chad Varner.  I have been so lucky to be a part of this wedding, I was honored to be Lauren's Matron of Honor.  My mom and Beckett and I drove down to Durant on Friday morning and as soon as we got there the wedding whirlwind swept us up!

We met at the church to decorate for the reception, then went back to Lauren's parents house to get ready for the rehearsal.  At the rehearsal, Beckett had a blast running around with all the other bridesmaids and friends that were there! I was worried he would be in the way, but everyone loved him, and he loved showing off.  The AC in the church sanctuary was on the fritz so the rehearsal was a little hot... other than that we had a great time and dinner was delicious!

Saturday morning my mom and Beckett stayed and played at the hotel.  I had to meet Lauren at the hair salon with her veil... as I was unlocking the church to get her veil the security alarm went off!! The preacher was not supposed to set the alarm the night before... luckily the Durant PD was very understanding and despite the minor set back we were able to stay on schedule!  Lauren was nervous, and I reassured her that soon all her hard work would pay off and in the end she and Chad would be married...


Lauren looked beautiful! All the bridesmaids got our hair and makeup done too... we looked great, but I am not used to having that much make up on :)


While I was getting ready mom and Beckett were busy playing in the church nursery and making sure everything was set up for the reception.  Beckett even took a nap in the nursery- I was surprised!

We were very busy with getting ready, taking pictures, etc. so I don't have many pictures...  Lauren has some wonderful friends and family who all came together to set up and make her day beautiful!  Her photographer was wonderful, I can't wait to see those pictures! The AC in the sanctuary was still not fixed, so we were all very hot while taking pictures.  We even had box fans set up to keep the air circulating! I felt so bad for Lauren and the guys in suits! They were so hot!

Once guests started arriving, mom and I tried to put Beckett in the nursery with a sitter... not so much.  There was some confusion about who was supposed to be watching him (and any other kids that showed up- even though no one else brought their kids in) so I think that he ended up getting freaked out by being in unfamiliar surroundings and after the 3rd person came in and tried to play with him, he had had it!  I felt bad for the girl who ended up in there, I think she was a great sitter- she just caught B at a bad time.  Needless to say he ended up with my mom and he had worn himself out (crying) so he was actually quiet through the ceremony!  I did hear him say "Warnen" once, but Lauren didn't hear it :)
other bridesmaids, Brandy and Dana

The ceremony, though hot, was wonderful.  The sermon was so heartfelt, delivered by Lauren's family friend, Gordon.  Chad and Lauren are such a great match and I know that their vows were very sincere and loving.  I was go happy to be standing up for them!  I did have to laugh because apparently, as the ceremony went on, all of us bridesmaids started to get fidgety and we all started to sway :) I blame it on the 2 beautiful (but large) bouquets I had to hold ;) Seriously though, the flowers that she had were gorgeous!!! We all took home a bouquet!

After the ceremony it was time to celebrate!!!!! The reception was so fun! Lauren and Chad were able to mingle with friends and family, cut the cake, pose for a few more pictures, and laugh and smile through it all- because they are MARRIED!  Everyone had a great time and in the end the newlyweds ran off for a "mini-moon" to relax and unwind.

My gift from Lauren was a beautiful Mother's Love ring.  It has significance to Lauren, and now, it has significance to me.  I love it not only because I'm a mother, but also because it reminds me of my dear friend.  Knowing what it symbolizes to her only makes me love it more!


I'm sad that I don't have more pictures on my camera, but I know that there will be plenty of photos to come.  It really was a whirlwind, and it really was a beautiful wedding.

I am so happy for Lauren and Chad.  I'm so happy that my best friend has such a great guy to look out for her and keep up with her :)  I know that there will be many, many more celebrations to come.

Love you Lauren and welcome to the family Chad!

No comments:

Post a Comment