We've been working on a lot of projects around the house lately. Kenny has had a little helper with him all the way! I absolutely love how much Beckett loves to help out and follow Kenny around, it's so cute to watch :)
I'm starting to see Beckett grow up a little more- literally and emotionally. He has definitely hit a growth spurt in the past couple of weeks, but he has also started acting like a little boy.
He is very adamant about what he wants and doesn't want. He is learning what it means when I tell him to "wait a minute". He does get impatient, but he knows when he needs to calm down and will actually ask me if he can go sit in time out.
He is learning the names of the singers he likes to listen to on my iPod and will tell me he wants to listen to Darius Rucker, Randy Rogers, or Jack Ingram- this is probably the funniest thing I've seen him do in the past couple of months. Every morning on our way to Grandma's house he is in control of the music, usually we just listen to the intro of a few songs over and over, but he has started letting certain songs play longer. I think he really likes the guitar and fiddle intros the best. I just crack up thinking about how he's not interested in Nursery Rhymes, he loves Country Music.
He is also memorizing TV Shows. He can sing along with the songs that repeat on Kai Lan and Fresh Beat Band. Another very amusing development.
He is really starting to communicate with us on a higher level, you can tell he is trying to carry on conversation and while we still can't understand every word, we can usually figure out what he's trying to get across.
He loves to play. He will take us by the hand and say "come on mamma, let's go play". Love that!! He continues to be happiest when he's outside. I am so thankful Spring is here so that he can run around- and he literally runs around our backyard. He also loves for his Mimi to take him to the park- this has become an almost weekly adventure! He has gotten braver and will now climb up the jungle gym and slide down the big slide all by himself!
I know that in a few months he will look even bigger and seem even older compared to a newborn. We are just trying to enjoy every minute of him discovering and learning and growing.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Reading this just makes me so happy because I know one day Oliver will do those things :)
ReplyDeleteThe pictures of him and Kenny are absolutely adorable!