In the days leading up to having BGC, we really tried to spend time together as a family of 3. We didn't do anything special, just quality family time. We wanted to relax and enjoy Beckett as an only child before the baby came- we knew that once she was here Beckett would seem so grown up :) We also knew things would get busy, so again- relaxing was our plan.
Beckett's last day of MDO was the week before the week we were having the baby. Got that? His teachers are so creative and wonderful! He came home with this amazing scrapbook of his year... I love it! Beckett loves it too. He likes to get it out and "read" it. He can tell you who everyone in the pictures are and he even seems to remember the things they were doing in the pictures. I am so glad to have this! What a wonderful gift. I am really going to miss his teachers next year!

Memorial Day we spent like we did last year, visiting my Grandfather's grave. I love to see all the American Flags out. My mom and Grandmother came too and we left flowers. It was really hot and humid so we didn't make it to the Cronk side of the family. Next year we will be sure to get an earlier start to make sure we get both visits in. I think it is so important to remember those who have paved the way for us, whether we are related or not. I think that Memorial Day is a great reminder of how blessed we are to live in this country!
Side Note: Magnolia Blossom- so beautiful!
Even though the heat and humidity set in really early this year, we have been determined to get Beckett outside to play! He loves to be outside so we took advantage of shade, slightly cooler evenings, frogs to see, and a new sprinkler to play in!
Here's the frog... can you see it? It was the center of attention for quite a while. Beckett still looks for it when we go out back, he was ok with looking from a distance, but he did not want to get close! (thank goodness :))
There's not much room left on my lap in this picture, but Beckett manages to find the best spot for frog viewing.
Sprinkler fun!!
Looking at these pictures reminds me how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family! It was nice to spend this quality time during our last week as a family of 3... but we were (at least Kenny and I were) anxiously awaiting being a family of 4...

No comments:
Post a Comment