Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Water Pillow!

I found this idea on Pinterest. It was SO much fun!! The kids played on it all weekend. It was nice because we were close to 90 Saturday and Sunday so this helped us cool off! Here's what we did:
 I bought the thickest tarp I could find.  The next time I get Duck Tape I will get a wider tape, I think that may help stop some of the leaks.
 Fold the tarp in half and then tape the 3 sides.  I found that any where there is a "wrinkle" that's where the water will leak. This is why I would get a wider tape. It wasn't a big deal, you'll want to refill the water anyway because it gets a little hot and having a cold "water pillow" is the whole point.

 Leave one of the corners untaped just enough to get the hose in.  After it is as full as you want it tape up the corner and have fun! I could not figure out how to get the big air bubbles out.  I think that if I would have put more water in they would have gone away. You will also need a really flat spot in your yard.  Our yard is lacking in flat spots so there was a deep end and a shallow end :) 

 The kids had a blast! We even put the slide up to the pillow.

 Ryan was all about it! Beckett was nice enough to stop jumping long enough for her to play :) such a good big brother!

1 comment: