Kenny took Beckett fishing Saturday morning. He was so excited he didn't even let me get him dressed- you'll see, he's in his PJ's and cowboy boots. He was to the truck faster than Kenny. They went to a little pond in in the neighborhood across the street.
It was obvious he was excited, but we weren't sure how long he'd last. Would he get bored when he didn't catch anything on his pole? Would he be more interested in playing in the dirt? Would he be ready to come home after 15 minutes?
When Ryan woke up from her nap, she and I went to check on them. To say he was having a good time would be an understatement.
He was loving it! Kenny would cast Beckett's line and then Beckett would reel it back in.How is he grown up enough to fish patiently? My little boy is getting older.
Kenny even caught a fish, before I showed up, and Beckett went right over and wanted to touch it!
When I left I asked him if he wanted to come home with me and have some lunch. He said "No, mamma. I'm fishin' with my daddy." How sweet is that?
He's such a boy. A big boy.
He fished for 2 hours. He has been talking about going back since he got home. Next time, I will insist he get dressed.

No comments:
Post a Comment