Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Branded For Life

America's greatest Homecoming celebration happens in Stillwater, OK every year. Kenny and I started a family tradition 3 years ago and since then, we have attended the Friday night Walk Around every year. I absolutely love this tradition! Every year I get so excited to go back to Stillwater, to see good friends, and to celebrate one of OSU's greatest traditions. This year, Beckett was old enough (and the weather was pleasant enough) that we went early to have some "photo opps" and to see some good friends.

Our first stop was Chris' University Spirit where Beckett and I got t-shirts and we got Beckett an OSU football.
Then we met up with Jenn, Jeremy, and Hannah to head to The Spirit Rider for some pictures!
Beckett loves Hannah :)
Next, we were off to the big orange fountain in front of the library. This was the best pic we could get... Beckett was fascinated by the water!
After the fountain, and some play time on Library Lawn, we said bye to The Story's and headed over to watch the band practice! Beckett loved the music, and so did I- they were playing "Friends in Low Places" and the OSU Fight Song.
After listening to the music, we headed off to get a bite to eat (dinner #1) and to get our pictures taken with Pistol Pete (those will be posted later after I order them :)). We were able to walk around to see all of the house decks. The theme this year was "Branded for Life" so it was fun to see all of the creativity that went into the designs, as usual they were all great!
Last year we stopped in front of the SAE house to take pictures with Beckett so we did that again this year. What a difference a year makes!
Last year:
This year:
Before leaving we were able to see our good friends Lissette and Justin and have dinner #2 at Coney Island- another tradition we started last year :)

It was so wonderful to be back in Stillwater and to see good friends! The game is this evening and we'll be cheering on the Cowboys as they play Missouri! GO POKES!!

"Ever you'll find us, loyal and true, to our alma mater, O S U."

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Love all the pictures, friend! Hopefully in a few years Makaylin and Ryker can join Beckett for OSU homecomiing. Oh, how I miss Stillwater! :)

    ReplyDelete