Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Chicken Pox!

Yes that's right, Chicken POX!!  This week Beckett has apparently had the Chicken Pox... I say apparently because the only symptom he's had are the red bumps.  On Tuesday, Michelle called me and asked me if I had see his tummy and the red spots on it.  I hadn't so she sent me a picture that I showed to the nurse that I work with and she said that it sure looked like chicken pox to her!

For the rest of the day I called and spoke to the nurse at our pediatricians office- I felt so bad because just when they would call and answer one of my questions I'd think of another one and have to call back.  We decided to just watch the spots and see what happened.  Beckett has had the vaccination so the Dr. didn't think he would have them too bad.

After this first outbreak, he didn't get any more spots.  There was one spot on his leg, but other than that they stayed pretty contained.


It turned out that he didn't have them bad at all! No fever, no itching, he slept just fine, thank goodness for the vaccine! Now, all of the spots are almost gone, which means he's not contagious (if he ever really was).  I'm so glad that 1) we've gotten this illness out of the way 2) it was so mild it didn't phase B at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment