Can you tell the difference between these two pictures?
It's not the book... or his crazy bed-hair... nope... in the top picture Beckett is one, and in the bottom picture he is TWO!!
I cannot believe he is 2 already! It seems like a couple of months ago we were saying how crazy it was that he was 18 months old... now I can't even count his age by months, he's 2.
He may not look any older in the above pictures, but I feel like his little mind is older. He is comprehending much more. This morning he wanted to read books on the couch after he woke up. He went to get "nother one" and as he started to walk towards his living room toy box I told him all his books were in his room. Without missing a beat he turned right around and went to his room! I didn't have to say it twice, or show him where they were, he just knew what I was talking about.
His vocabulary is trying to catch up with him. He thinks he makes a lot more sense than he actually does :) he will say "Mamma, [gibberish gibberish], otay?" and I will just look at him and say "sure!" There are many things he says that we do understand. He is pretty good with colors (usually he thinks everything is orange :) go pokes), numbers (he can count to ten but he usually forgets 6 and 8), food and animals. Everything else is hit and miss. We can ask him to choose between two things "milk or juice" and he will choose which ever one he wants, or he'll just stare at you if he doesn't care.
His favorite things are popsicles, fruit snacks, his stuffed tiger, DVD cases (this is a new development since our vacation), and of course blankie!
He is becoming much more coordinated, although he's still clumsy (he gets that from me though). He is getting better at coloring too! He will now color on the paper and if you tell him where to color he will color more carefully in that area.
He also knows how to "smile" when I get the camera out- another new development since vacation.
A few finishing touches before displaying his masterpiece with his "pitol pete" magnet!
He loves to jump- even though he knows not to jump on the couch and bed he still does. When we catch him doing something he's not supposed to he will say "sorry" right away instead of waiting for us to get on to him (such a stinker).
He is still into Baby Einstein animal videos. Animals are really his thing right now. He has a lion backpack that he will "roar" at- it's pretty funny! He likes to watch his videos in our room, with the remote.
He also is still into Yo Gabba Gabba. For his birthday, Kenny and I are getting him tickets to their live show that is coming this fall.
We still struggle with his eczema and dry skin, but I do think it is getting better. The worst of his eczema is on his feet and we have it much better controlled than we did at this time last year. I still feel bad for him when he gets so itchy! He will even say "itchy. lotion." when it's bugging him :(
He has started to love to crawl under things and "hide out". He likes to get under the kitchen table, the desk, anywhere he can fit.
He loves to watch tv (usually sports) with Kenny. Now, when I tell him it's bed time he will say "daddy, tv?" and he will crawl up on the couch with Kenny and watch tv for a few minutes before I put him to bed. It's not exactly a bedtime story- but it's so sweet!
I am really encouraged by how interested he is in playing with other kids. He loves Dom and Emi and their friends who come over to the house, but recently he's been interested in playing with younger kids too. I took him to my friend Jackie's house this week, her son is 22 months old. The two boys were standing at the coffee table together and "talking" back and forth and then, at the same time, they both turned to look at the tv! It was so funny! Jackie and I figured they must have been talking about Baby Einstein. Beckett had so much fun playing with Ethan he talked about him the whole way home.
He has also had his first experiences with a babysitter. Jackie's sister is 14 and has watched him for a few afternoons in July. Beckett loves her! They play and color and, even though he can get a little clingy, he is always happy to see her! I am so glad we have found someone who can watch him when our mom's are busy!
It is amazing how much he has grown up in the past few weeks. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know he's 2, but we are certainly seeing how he is developing and changing! It is so fun to watch him grow and learn.
As always, we love him more and more everyday. We can't wait to see what's next!

all I can say is AWWWWWWWW :)
ReplyDelete