Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring is Coming!

I am so excited that Spring is almost here! I love this time of year for many reasons, but here are a few that come to mind:

1. Everything is turning green- granted this also means allergy season, but sometimes you just have to take a few sniffles and go with the flow. I love seeing everything in bloom and all the flowers at the store.
 

2. Playing Outside.  As I've said a dozen times before Beckett loves to run around outside and not only does he sleep better, but he's in a much better mood when he can run around (come to think of it, I'm in a better mood when he can run around ;)).  Everyone is so friendly this time of year too, I think that lots of people enjoy just getting out of the house.


3. Fresh Fruit.  I haven't had any really great fresh fruit yet, but I've been craving it and I know it's coming! I am so ready for the Farmer's Market to start up- I didn't make it last year, but I am pretty determined to go often this year.

4. Flip Flops & Pedicures!! I love this little indulgence and then showing it off in some Old Navy flip flops. These days I get very uncomfortable just tying my shoes- bring on the sandals! And, I'm not even going to attempt painting my toes- I will gladly sit in a massage chair and let someone else pamper my feet. (I got my first pedi of the "season" today)

5. Grilling.  After a winter full of soups, chilis, stove top and oven meals I love being able to mix up the menu and grill.  It is a refreshing change of pace. And yes, I do some of the grilling :)

6. Bright Colors.  Everything from clothes to home decor brightens up.  I love to go (window) shopping now too. I put up a few Easter decorations around the house this weekend to make it more "springy".


7. Windows Open.  I always try to open the windows up as much as I can before it gets too hot.  We get a pretty good breeze going through our house, I think that amplifies any house cleaning I may get done on the weekends too.

8.  Summer is coming.  Everyone seems to relax a little as summer approaches. It's nice.

9. Baby Girl Childress!!!! She will be here in (slightly) less than 3 months!! We bought paint for the nursery this weekend so there will be some nursery updates coming soon! Here are some belly pics- the first is me at this point with B, the second is me now...
If it's possible, I think this little girl is sitting lower than B... but size wise I think they are pretty similar?

10. Cabin! I hope to get to the cabin very very soon.  This is the perfect time to go, not too hot, not too cold, and there's always a breeze through the porch... I'm wishing I was there now...

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Spring either!!! And I can't wait to meet BGC! Oliver is excited too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cousin cabin weekends!!! Let me know when you can go. Especially after BGC arrives - I'll hold baby, you play :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were SO EXCITED to hear that your new addition is a baby GIRL!! We love all your post--how is it that Beckett is even more handsome this spring?
    Hugs & Kisses, Aunt Susan, Uncle Kevin, & girls

    ReplyDelete