Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Where To?

Last weekend we decided we needed to get out of town- but just for the day.  We decided to take a little Oklahoma mini trip.

The Food Network's Diners, Drive In's and Dives did a piece on Eischen's Chicken, Kenny and I love that show and we love fried chicken... so we decided to give it a try! Okarche, OK was our first stop and it was such a yummy destination! The fried chicken is delicious! I had heard a lot about Eischen's in college, but I'd never been.  The fried chicken did not disappoint, but it is good to know that there is not much to the "menu" (there really isn't even a menu). Fried chicken and chili, only okra for your "side". That's about it. And don't go in wanting anything but canned soda or beer to drink. I guess what I'm trying to say is, the chicken is great, but that's all there is to that. Still, worth the trip.

After Okarche, we headed south and east to Seminole.  There is a Children's Museum there and we figured Beckett would enjoy it. And it was indoors with AC. We were right, B had a great time! He is too young to understand all the exhibits, but he had a blast running from one thing to the next, and we were one of maybe 5 families in the whole place. It was great!













The kids did so well in the car and at our destinations! I think we were all happy to get out of town and have a change of scenery :) I have a feeling we will be doing it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment