If I had to describe Ryan in one word it would be: Happy. She is such a sweet girl, always smiling and gabbering. She has her moments, of course, but overall she is very content.
Ryan is done with crawling! It is crazy to think that she went from first steps to exclusively walking in just 2 weeks. But I guess it just clicked! She is fast, too! Part of her motivation is keeping up with Beckett. She loves to follow him around and go into his room and play while he is in there.
Ryan is all about her blankie! She loves it!! Blankie is never far away. Other than that, I can't really think of a "favorite" toy. She loves all of her toys that make noise, but she also loves Beckett's grill and playing with all the food. She plays with a lot of different toys all day. She loves to turn pages in books. It is hard to read to her right now because she would much rather just flip pages :)
There are still very few things Ryan won't eat. I have noticed she gets tired of eating the same thing everyday, so we are trying to get her as much variety as possible. There are 2 things that I know she isn't a big fan of- mac n' cheese and cantaloupe. Other than that, she loves to eat! She is drinking milk now. I went ahead and transitioned her before she was one... I wasn't sure how she would tolerate it, but she loves it! We are almost transitioned to sippy cups, but she still takes a bottle before naps and at nighttime.
Ryan is talking a little. I can understand Mamma, Dada, Buh-buh (Beckett), and Da (dog). She also says "yeah" when she means yes. That one makes us laugh :) I think that Ryan and Beckett are growing closer and closer. They play so well together (most of the time). Beckett is usually pretty patient with Ryan and talks to her. I do have to remind him to be gentle- he can be a little rough when he gets to laughing and running around, most of the time Ryan thinks this is so funny. Their favorite place to play right now is outside. The water table has enough toys for them to share and enough space that they aren't running into each other- perfect! Beckett has also started asking me to move his car seat to the middle so he can sit next to Ryan. I love thinking about them being close siblings and how Ryan will have a brother who watches out for her.
Ryan is starting to show us she has a bit of a dramatic side. It is so cute and funny. She will put her hands over her eyes and sigh- adorable! We are trying not to give her most dramatic moments too much attention, I want her to be a sweet little girl with just the right amount of sass... ;-) Usually, this side of her only comes out when she is feeling shy or tired, but I have also seen it when she wants something she isn't getting. Ryan does take great naps (that are starting to merge to just one nap). She is on a pretty good schedule right now so that helps us all.
This past year has been so fun. I love seeing how our family is growing together. I can't imagine our life any other way. We love Ryan, we love our kids, we love our family! I can't wait to see what is in store for our second year as a family of four :)

WOW!!! Already one. So amazing! She is sure a cutie. Congrats on such a lovly family.
ReplyDelete