Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

On Mother's Day, we had a really special place to be. My good friend Kelly was honored as a breast cancer survivor at the Kansas City Royal's game. This is a pretty big deal. She was "Honorary Bat Girl"- a contest she had to enter and win. I am so fortunate to know Kelly and her family. She is a very inspirational person and someone I admire! You can read more about her here and here. Have your tissues ready :-)

Her son, Cale, is a huge baseball fan so you can only imagine how awesome this experience was! I was more than excited to be there to watch her.

The whole day was fantastic! I had such a great time with Kenny and the kids. Charly came along too and we all had a great time!

We borrowed an Ergo so that Ryan wasn't on the lose the whole time. It was kind of funny to see her hanging out in it.

The Childress boys. 

Awww!

Ok, so this is just me, but I always get excited to see Garth on the big screen :-)

All of the players had on pink- some more than others.

There she is!!



I couldn't wrangle the kids for a joint "mom's day picture". But these will do!

 
Uncle Charly was kind enough to share his popcorn.


 There is a splash pad. Need I say more?
 
 Beckett was SO excited to get a foam finger! It was the only way he'd leave the splash pad! Ha!



The Royals lost to the Yankee's, but we had such a great time!! Definitely a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment