My dad and step-mom came into town from Arkansas and we all met them at their hotel for lots of swimming and "walking" around the pool. It was nice because it was an indoor pool- so no sunscreen needed! Beckett really enjoyed Grandpa's mustache, we were cracking up because he kept trying to pull it off :) We had a nice visit and a nice dinner before we parted ways. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures... I'm really not sure how that happened!




Kenny has been watching the Open Championship... enough said. lol
I met up with some girls to plan my friend, Jackie's, baby shower! I'm so excited for her shower- it's going to be so fun, but I'm even more excited for Baby Boy Shawnee. Beckett is going to have a new friend in September and we are super excited. Mark and Jackie are going to make such good parents, they are the nicest, most down to earth and kind hearted people. September is going to be a good month :)
Beckett took time out of his busy schedule to pose for the next cover of Baby Sports Illustrated...
For the rest of the weekend, when we weren't out and about we were hanging out at home. Beckett has become more adventurous (as I've discussed previously :)) but while he is out adventuring he is never without his blankie! Kenny's mom bought blankie because it was super soft and made a great place for Beckett to stretch out on the floor. Well, it became very clear early on that he was really going to become attached to blankie, so we now have 2 that we alternate. Blankie has already made several appearances on this blog, but I haven't said anything about it until now.
Meet Blankie Boy!
Whether we're riding in the car, having a bottle, taking a nap...
...rolling around on the floor, playing at home...
...even watching Baby Einstein, blankie is there!
Blankie is always somewhere nearby and has shared many many adventures with Beckett. I'm sure there are many more adventures to come. I imagine that by the time we retire both blankies they will be well worn with holes and patches- true signs of love :)

No comments:
Post a Comment