Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

A year ago...


A year ago, at this time, I was in a hospital bed, having contractions, waiting for an epidural, and getting excited and nervous about the birth of our little boy. A year later, I'm watching him walk all over our house gabbering the whole way. A whole year later, I'm still excited (and a little nervous) for all of the wonderful memories and milestones we have yet to make!

A year ago (minus a few hours) I was cursing maternity tops that didn't fit even though they were the longest tops I could find, I was HOT all the time, I couldn't reach my toes (even if I was sitting down), I had Beckett's "going home" outfit in a bag ready to go, I had everything I thought I needed, a year ago we were sitting around talking about how we couldn't wait to meet Beckett and wondering what he would look like.

I was very ready... ready to pop! This pictures was at 36 weeks- my belly got even bigger!

Even though it was a year ago, it seems like just yesterday that I was laying down to take a nap before we went to the hospital to be induced (I convinced my doctor that I should not go past my due date, so he agreed that I could have the baby on my due date :)), but the little man was ready- my water broke literally as I laid down, and I got to tell Kenny, "we've got to go to the hospital, now!" It only took 40 weeks and 13 hours of waiting to meet our little Beckett and now, 364 days later we are still loving every minute of his company.

We are looking forward to celebrating Beckett's birthday tomorrow with our family. We have been so blessed with a happy, loving, and precious little boy! Everyday with him is a new adventure and tomorrow will be no exception, but hopefully it will be even more exciting than the rest, after all, there will be cake involved.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Beckett! I can't believe how fast a year has gone by! Hopefully by the time your next birthday comes around, we will have visited you. Makaylin and Ryker do not like traveling, so I think they will have to take a rain check on that playdate we had planned this month. Anyway, have a great 1st birthday and don't get too messy with that yummy cake!

    ReplyDelete