Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cabin Time... again!

Beckett and I got to spend the weekend at the cabin again!  This time we were there with Ginny and Kevin.  It was much quieter with out the girls to play with and Beckett even asked where Audrey and Catherine were.  I was a little worried he would get bored :)

Even though he was the only child, Beckett still had fun playing with the toys!  This toy is one that has been at the cabin for-ev-er.  It's a Sesame Street toy that has entertained lots of kiddos in the past and clearly it has at least one more to entertain :)

Beckett was very talkative this weekend.  We joked that on Sunday morning Beckett preached a sermon because he was so enthusiastic about what he was saying, he "talked" for 10 minutes and he was even pointing his finger and waving his arms around! What ever he was saying- he meant it! He had us all laughing all weekend.

There are several "cabin staples" in this picture.  Growing up spending many summers here, I have vivid memories of this couch- it's corduroy and comfy; the bird throw blanket- my grandparents loved bird watching and thus this throw and when the blanket is combined with the comfy couch a great nap can be taken; the card table, chairs and overhead light- many games have been played here: solitaire, Life, and Slap Jack on a rainy day, Rumikub, Skip-Bo, and Hearts in the evenings before bed time. Lots of memories with lots of fun friends and family!


On Saturday evening we took a boat ride.  The water was a little choppy at first, but it calmed down as we were out there.  Beckett even got to drive! Thanks Kevin :)

Sunday morning was beautiful!  Beckett and I spent some time on the porch eating breakfast, "talking" and watching turtles and hummingbirds.




The porch and the picnic table are a couple of other cabin icons.  The porch is perfect for sitting, visiting, and watching everything around you.  It's screened in so you can feel the breeze and don't have to worry about the bugs.  The picnic table is a great place to eat or play.  I love the porch and I love that Beckett loves it too!

Can you tell what Beckett had for breakfast? Powdered doughnuts. Another "cabin staple", but they must be kept in the freezer and can be eaten cold or heated up in the microwave :)


As always, I loved the cabin weekend.  I love that Beckett loves it too and he really gets excited when I tell him we are going to the cabin.  I hope that over the years he makes "cabin memories" that mean as much to him as mine do to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment