Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week In Review

This has been a busy week.  I had my first grad school test- hoping I did well, Beckett had an ear infection- luckily we caught it early, and this weekend I went to Branson with some friends from work for some shopping!

Of all the weeks for Beckett to get an ear infection, this was not one of the best... not that there's a good time for ear infections.  I had my first test in grad school and it was a little intimidating.  I was also preparing for my girls trip and it was Beckett's second week of mother's day out.  When Beckett is sick he is so pitiful, I feel so bad for him.  You can tell he wants to play, but he just doesn't feel well enough to enjoy it.  Kenny and I spent a lot of extra time trying to comfort him.  When he gets an ear infection he fights sleep so our nights were a lot longer than usual, but luckily once he was asleep he slept all night!

Despite the ear infection, Beckett had a great week at mother's day out! It has been an interesting transition for him but he is starting to get the hang of being in a new place and playing with new friends. On Monday, I picked him up to take him to the doctor and his teachers had even taken video on their phone of him playing to show me that he was having a great day! Usually he does fine in between drop off and pick up time, but this week he really started to have fun playing.  I am so glad he has teachers who genuinely want each student to have a good time.  I was so happy to see that they were happy with the week he had.

These are some hand paintings that Michelle did with B when he was 6 mos and another that he did at MDO last week!



At the end of this week I was very hesitant to leave, Beckett was feeling better but I was afraid he wasn't 100% yet.  Luckily, he was great! He and Kenny had a great time Friday night and B stayed the night with Mimi on Saturday so everyone got to have a great weekend!

There were 4 of us girls from the THD who made our first annual Girls Shopping Weekend, Michelle, Jackie, Charley, and I, one of Charley's friends, Hope, Hope's mom- Ruth Ann, Hope's 2 babies, and Ethan made the trip to Branson for a relaxing weekend of shopping, shopping and more shopping!  We really had a great time! (I was ready to come home to B and Kenny though :))

We all ended up buying the same pull-over from Gap without even knowing it!

On Saturday, after our 2nd trip to the outlet mall, we went to Branson Landing.  It is an outdoor shopping area with great places to eat and great atmosphere.  This place was the best Mexican food I've had in a while!
 Charley and I went to a piano bar for dueling pianos on Saturday night- it was so fun! I think we had way more fun people watching though ;)
 
Another busy week behind us! Everyone is healthy and happy now, can't ask for anything more than that!

1 comment:

  1. Love the updates! Hope you guys are doing great. Beckett is sure handsome!

    ReplyDelete