We were lucky enough to get tickets (from Uncle Charly) to go to the Christmas Train at Dry Gulch. I had never been before and I was excited to go and see what I had heard so many people talk about!
It was SO COLD the night we went! Any chance we had to warm up- we took it! There was a "camp fire" built in between the parking lot and the ticket booth so we stopped to warm our hands.

Kenny, Beckett and I met Charly, Michelle, Tony, Dom, Emi, and Michael at Dry Gulch. It is about an hour out of town and it's designed to look like an old western town. We were all layered and bundled up, but it was still really cold!
The main attraction is the train that takes a 15 minute trip around the outside of Dry Gulch and tells the story of the Bible as it goes. The train ride was fun- Beckett got pretty antsy, but he made it! The line to get to the train was long! This is a pretty popular attraction this time of year :)
After we got off the train we went straight for dinner. We tried to walk around the town for a little while to look at the gift shops and such, but it was too crowded and too cold and too close to Beckett's bed time. We ended up leaving shortly after dinner, but we had a great time while we were there!

No comments:
Post a Comment