I think this is the busiest time of the year, however, it is also the most "festive" so at least the busy is a "fun busy".
I love the Holidays- Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years! I love decorating, baking, seeing friends and family- all of it!!
I have slowly been decorating the house... this year it has been very tricky because Beckett is interested in EVERYTHING that I am putting up- but he wants to take it back down to play with it! We learned the hard way that the stocking hangers must be anchored down by a couple of 3M adhesive strips... but it has also been good because I have been decorating a little differently than I usually do, so it's kind of nice to change things up a bit.
My craft project this Christmas season was to make a Christmas card wreath. I love having a wreath on the outside of the door, the only problem is that you can't enjoy it from the inside! This year I changed that. My friend Jen gave me the idea when we were trying to figure out a creative way to display Christmas cards. I started with a wreath, some ornaments, hot glue and clothes pins...
And this is my finished product! Complete with our first Christmas card of the season!
Beckett was trying to figure out how to put the ornaments on the tree. This was his first, and last attempt. After this it has just been taking them off and throwing them! Needless to say the ornaments within his reach are shatterproof!
These ornaments were my inspiration for my decorations this year. I love the bright colors- but they aren't over powering.
The tree as it was first decorated. Since this picture some ornaments have shifted up. If they are "in danger" of breaking they get to move. The tree is now a little top heavy with ornaments and bottom heavy with decorative balls...
I carried the red, green, and gold ornaments all around the other decorated areas. I love having a Christmas tree up and since we only have room for one tree, I used garland to give the feel of "Christmas tree" around the rest of the house.
MY FAVORITE!!! I LOVE chocolate mint M&M's and they only come out this time of year! I also LOVE candy canes in my hot chocolate!! YUMM-O!
Another one of my favorite things about this time of year is cozy-ing up on the couch at night with all the Christmas lights on, hot chocolate in hand, and a good Christmas movie on- I prefer the old stuff like White Christmas, but we watch other classics like Home Alone too!
Merry Christmas!!

I love the Christmas card wreath idea. I have always thought about doing one, but never had enough motivation. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, might I just add that I absolutely love the candy picture you took! :)