Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Blue Bonnets

I am pretty excited about the weekend that we had.  We were able to get a lot accomplished and even though it was a "split" weekend we all had a great time.  Kenny has been working on the Little Girl's Nursery and it is looking SO GOOD! I am really excited to show it off- but you'll have to wait until it's finished :) Anyway, he had a few things that he wanted to get done around the house (and some fish that he wanted to catch) and I thought that it would be a good excuse for Beckett and I to go see Aunt Lauren (not that we need an excuse to go see her, it just seemed more logical)!

Beckett LOVES his Aunt Lauren and I can't say that I blame him, she's pretty great :) This was our first visit since she and Chad got married last June (so in other words it was way over due).  I was really excited to see their new house, and Beckett was excited to see Josie, the cat.

We left on Friday and had a great dinner and enjoyed catching up, etc.  Beckett even helped Chad give their puppy, Molly, a bath.
 Givin' Molly some love.

Saturday we had big plans so we started early with breakfast at the Caddo Cafe.  Mrs. Teri and Cowboy Alan (Lauren's parents) joined us and Beckett was very excited to see them too.

After breakfast, we headed to Allen, TX to shop, shop, shop! BGC still needed a few things, and I "needed" some shoes ;)  Beckett is always good about running errands, but I was a little worried about his attention span with this mega-shopping day we had planned.  Luckily, he did really well! Between the 2 of us we were able to keep him occupied and still get all of our shopping done.
Thank goodness for suckers...

After we had dinner (after more shopping in Sherman, TX), we found this beautiful field of Blue Bonnets and Indian Paintbrush! Taking pictures of B was a perfect excuse to let him get out and run around!  I was able to capture a few good shots before he started to go crazy :)








After he got the wiggles out we headed back to Lauren and Chad's.  B crashed- he'd had a long day. Lauren and I decorated her guest bathroom and called our wonderful friend, Jess (whom we missed so much this weekend), before calling it a night.

Sunday I had to get back to t-town to go to a study session (boo) so we headed out after breakfast and a walk with Molly.

I'm so glad we had this opportunity to visit and have some fun! I'm not sure how long it will be before we go back (hopefully not too long) but I know that it will be a much different visit when we do go back!

As always, it was good to come home- especially since I was anxious to see the progress in the nursery.  It was a very busy, very productive, very fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment