Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

Easter weekend was pretty bust for us. 
We've been making some home improvements before this little girl arrives so on Friday we had new carpet installed. It's fantastic.  It took all day and I was pretty much confined to the kitchen, but it was well worth it! I knew we needed new carpet, but it was one of those things where once we had the new stuff installed I really wondered how we had been living with the old stuff.
Amazing.
 On Saturday, Kenny went fishing and Beckett and I hung out at the house. I had a lot of baking to do! On Friday, while sitting at my dining room table that had been moved to the kitchen for carpet installation, I found a new cupcake recipe in my Real Simple magazine and decided to try it (I was bringing dessert for Easter dinner).  Thank goodness I had all day to look trough my pile of magazines.  To mix it up a little I tried a carmel icing recipe from the same article, and I also made a pink lemonade icing that a friend of mine had given me the recipe for.  They both turned out VERY delicious!!  While I was making cupcakes and icing, I also whipped up some yummy cinnamon rolls for Sunday brunch (no picture of those). My day was spent in the kitchen.
 Saturday evening we went to Kenny's mom's for Easter dinner.  I was late because I had a Pampered Chef show and of course I didn't even think to send the camera with Kenny (that would have been too logical), so I don't have any pictures of B opening up his Easter basket over there, but he did get a Curious George DVD that he LOVES!  Dinner was so good and very relaxed- the way a holiday dinner should be!

Sunday morning we woke up and B checked out his Easter basket.
 He went straight for he dinosaur book!
 After church we went to Mimi's to have brunch with Mimi and Elliot.
B got some Easter goodies there too :) 
 Uncle Elliot hid eggs for B to find.  Since it was raining, Mimi's living room became our hunting ground.

 There were little dinosaurs inside the eggs, he was so excited to see them that it took him a couple of eggs to figure out he needed to keep looking for more :)


 Once he got the hang of it, he was a very good egg finder!

After Mimi's, we came home and while Beckett played with his new dinosaurs, Kenny and I started putting the nursery together- it's looking good!!

Although busy, our weekend was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment