I may have mentioned that I love this time of year. Not for the shopping, not for the crowds and traffic, but for the colors, lights, food, friends, family, and of course the true reason for celebration- Jesus' Birthday! We have been trying to teach Beckett that the reason why we get presents is becasue we are celebrating... I'm not sure it's sinking in, but I think something's getting through :)
Anyway, we have been quite festive {and busy}. I love the traditions that center around the holidays. Making cookies is one tradition I really love! The kids were happy to help this year, I didn't let Beckett do any decorating, yet. He's had a cold, so he ate chocolate chips while I did all the mixing, baking, and decorating. Ryan was great for moral support!
We had Christmas with my dad's family last weekend- another tradition {the weekend before Christmas we get together}. This year my Uncle Jeff and Cousin Martha showed off some pretty impressive geneology! They have spent a lot of time researching our family history and the family tree is amazing! I pretty much had to chase Beckett around- he didn't want to sit still and listen- but it was pretty cool to see what they have put together.
Can you see our family? We are one small branch...
I have also spent some time wrapping. I tried to make Beckett and Ryan's gifts stand out a little, so I used a different wrapping paper than I used for the other gifts. I also used raffia for the "boy" gifts and ribbon for the "girl" gifts. Beckett is very anxious to open the gifts- he loves ripping the paper- but he has done a great job of leaving them alone.
Ryan is such a good little helper!
Decorating the house is always a fun tradition {the day after Thanksgiving I get everything out and start decorating}. One of my favorite decorations this year is the ORANGE poinsettia my aunt got for us! How fun is that?!
Beckett is getting into the holiday spirit. Our Little Drummer Boy!
Just a side note, Ryan loves to play peek-a-boo!
And Beckett loves the guitar. :)
And I love our kids.
Anyway. Here are some more of our decorations!
The mantle.
The front door and our Christmas Card wreath.
Entry way.
A little ribbon to go with the garland.
Have I mentioned I love this time of year?

No comments:
Post a Comment