This weekend Ryan and I went to Durant to visit Lauren and we came home with the beginnings of a project and lots of ideas! This was the only picture I took while we were there and it was on my phone... I need to be better about that. But at least you can tell it was a beautiful day!
We spent all day Saturday shopping and working out the logistics of how to complete a couple of projects. The project I started was a sign and I finished it today so I figured I'd share, hope you don't mind.
First things first, Lauren has a craft room. I decided I needed a craft area (yep, one craft project and now I'm a crafter ;)) so I made myself a craft space. Actually, I cleared off the cabinet in our laundry room that was our catch all as we walked in the door. Technically, my craft space should make us more organized as well. We'll see.
So, for my project, I wanted a sign that said "Childress est. 2006" to hang above our front door. Right now the space above our front door is empty and I have been saying for 5 years that we need something to hang up there. Finally, thanks to Pinterest and Lauren, I figured out what would fill the space!
I spray painted a board white. Then, I printed the letters on cardstock and cut them out. This was the part that Lauren and I had to figure out together. I knew I didn't want to paint the letters on, but I didn't want to mess with stickers. So I went with card stock...
I sprayed the letters with Craft Bond so they would be sticky.
Using a laser level, I spaced the letters out and stuck them on the board.
Then I spray painted everything black. Some of the edges weren't too sticky, but that ended up working with the "distressed" look I was going for.
Once the paint was dry, I peeled the letters off then sanded the edges and top slightly (just enough to make it look distressed). Here's the finished product!


No comments:
Post a Comment