Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

It just happened to work out...

This weekend was fun! We spent time on our new patio furniture, got some ice cream, went to a birthday party, played "drums", and went for a walk.

We weren't really sure what all we would do this weekend- the only thing we had planned was my cousin's son's 1st birthday party. It was Sunday evening. Other than that, things just happened to work out.

Friday, the kids and I hung out at home.  Typical Friday for us.  This Friday, it got a little loud in the house though.  Beckett decided he wanted to play the "drums".  He has done this before, he pulls out my stock pot with the steamer baskets and makes a racket.  This Friday, Beckett started to play the drums and it was loud. Ryan was intrigued.  I was a little worried Beckett wouldn't want to share. He's been pretty inconsistent lately- one minute he's giving Ryan a hug the next he's telling me she won't leave him alone. 3 year old's prerogative, I suppose. This Friday, it just happened to work out...


Saturday for lunch we needed something quick.  Braum's is just around the corner- perfect. Usually, Beckett wants a Strawberry Shake and french fries (healthy, huh?).  This time he wanted vanilla ice cream.  I ordered him a kid's vanilla frozen yogurt in a cup. They didn't hear the "cup" part.  Beckett didn't care. Despite the drippy mess, it just happened to work out...


Sunday, we were getting ready for Arleigh's birthday party.  Beckett has been very interested in birthday parties, kids in his class have been having them and I have been getting ready for Ryan's birthday.  We talk a lot about how he is "still 3, almost 4". We were having this discussion again before leaving the house and Kenny called me into our bathroom- Ryan had just taken 2 steps to him!! WOW!! We headed out to the party and I was so anxious to see our little girl walk... despite this distraction, I was able to focus and we had a great time at Arleigh's party. Beckett loved singing Happy Birthday and of course the cake. When it comes to cake it always happens to work out...


Getting Ryan to walk for the second time was my mission when we got home :) I wanted to see her do it and I wanted to capture it on video! It was so fitting that she walked for Kenny for the first time- she is a daddy's girl! But now it was mommy's turn. After a couple of practice tries, it just happened to work out...


I love it when things just happen to work out.

1 comment: