This year, on Memorial Day, I decided to start a tradition with Beckett of visiting the grave sites of my Grandfathers. Both of them were in the service- my mom's dad in the Navy, and my dad's dad in the Army.
We started at my mom's dad's grave site...
And then went to my dad's dad's grave...
and my dad's mom's grave (she was a nurse in the Army :))
I hope to continue this tradition. My grandparents are so special to me and I hope that this is one way that I can share stories about them with Beckett.
I am so proud of my grandfathers' service and especially on this day I am even more proud to honor them.
I hope that Beckett will share in my sentiment one day when he can understand the meaning and importance of Memorial Day.

Grandma was in the army, too! Don't forget her!
ReplyDeleteI know, you're right! she didn't have a flag, but I fixed it Bren :) thanks!!
ReplyDelete