Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chicago: Brookfield Zoo



Hello Chicago!
After our long day of driving on Sunday, we decided to drive some more on Monday :) We took a driving tour of downtown, Lake Michigan (just the Chicago part), Frank Lloyd Wright District, and US Cellular Field (where the White Sox play... on the south side... in "the hood").  I don't have any other pictures from that day because I was in charge of the map :)  We also ate at Portillo's, a famous hot dog place- it was yummy! Our first White Castle experience was not a good one... we tried it, but we won't be going back... yuck!

Tuesday, we had a very Beckett friendly morning planned.  We went to the Brookfield Zoo so that Beckett could see all the animals!


We had a wonderful time! The weather was perfect too. The whole time we were there it was cloudy and there was a breeze.  All the weathermen kept calling it humid and Kenny and I just laughed- they don't know humid! 
Beckett really enjoyed the animals and so did we.  The exhibits there are a lot closer to you than the Tulsa Zoo so we were able to see more animals up close.

I thought this pigmy hippo was so cute!

This looks like the giraffe is kissing the tree...

B loved the statues, the wolf and this silly duck are the ones we couldn't get him away from... especially the duck!

Watching the penguins...
Penguins watching us.
Walking with daddy... I love this!
Beckett picked out a souvenir: a stuffed tiger!  He LOVES this tiger. I call it Hobbes, but he just calls it Tiger :) It is so cute because he talks to it and gives it hugs, so sweet.
Tiger, meet tiger.
Beckett loved the lions too.  They were pretty active so it was fun to watch them.


Beckett and Kenny rode the carousel before we left, on the tiger of course!

We had so much fun! It was a great start to the day... more on how Tuesday ended in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment