Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Beckett's 3!!!


Wow. Beckett is 3. 3! I can't believe it!

It has been such a great year. I think I will miss the 2's because he learned so much. I know he will continue to learn more, but I really feel like he learned so much about himself and developed so much of his own personality and it has been fun to watch.

Here is a "Beckett Top 10" of things he does and says:

10. He has a knack for being bossy, in a nice way. :) He will tell you to "Shhhhhh" in church and then turn around and be loud himself.  He will also tell people to "Take a nap", "Be careful", "Go get it", and "Be quiet, that's enough". Most of the time he says all of these phrases with a smile on his face!

9. If you ask him who his favorite is he will say "Um, I think Darius Rucker." He loves the song Forever Road (he can sing it all), but he also likes to study the CD insert (the paper that has pictures and lyrics). It's pretty funny!  He still loves music and sings a lot more- love :)

8. Beckett loves the iPad! Since I've been home, he uses it more than I do! He will watch Yo Gabba Gabba on YouTube, play his dino apps, read Curious George, and play Angry Birds.  It's really funny to watch.  He even knows when to "charge it" and he will be patient until it has charged.

7. He is still a picky eater.  He will eat one thing for a week or two and then, no matter how much you have left in the pantry, he's done with it.  This is a struggle, but since he's growing and healthy, we try not to worry too much.  Taco Bueno and Mazzio's are his favorite places to eat, and popcorn and Ruffles are his favorite snacks/lunches right now, but he will also ask for cereal bars, grapes, yogurt, and Nilla Waffers.  Such variety...

6. When we aren't playing outside in the back yard or at the park, he enjoys watching his DVD collection.  He will rotate through Baby Einstein ("Monkeys"= World Animals and "Doggies"= Neighborhood Animals), Curious George (George In The Dark is still his favorite episode), and now "Dinosaur Movie" a.k.a. The Land Before Time.  He like to switch out the DVD's and can recognize which is which.  He is getting more and more capable of doing things like this on his own.

5.  Beckett still loves animals.  He loves our dogs, my mom's cat, and any horses and cows he sees! He also like to see animals on TV.  I can't wait for the weather to cool down so we can get back to the zoo! he asks to go see the tigers and other animals at least once a week.

4. Beckett is interested in what Kenny is doing more and more.  He has always liked to play with Kenny, but now he wants to help him do things like fix stuff, water the yard, mow, go to Lowe's, cast the fishing pole.  It's so fun to see him take an interest in all those things! I'm sure he'll be golfing before too long! On a side note {because this isn't the "Top 11"}: Beckett still has the cutest hands I've ever seen! I love them!!

3. We have discovered a new "disease" called "Bandaid Paralysis".  Beckett has scraped his knee twice in the past few months and any time we put a bandaid on the "owie" his leg freezes.  He won't walk on it, bend it, move it, and he insists on being carried all the time until the bandaid comes off and then "miraculously" he regains the use of his leg.  The first time this happened we were worried something was really wrong- maybe he had sprained his ankle- but we realized he was fine and just over reacting to the bandaid when Kenny kicked his soccer ball.  That was all it took to snap him out of his bandaid funk- good ol' soccer.  He's so silly!

2. He is a Beckett-o-saurus! Anywhere we go, the dino in him comes out.  Walking down the aisle at Walmart, in the church nursery, at the playground- where ever we are- he will bend slightly at the waist, bring his arms up to his sides (think t-rex) and "Rahhhhhhh" at people. {I usually explain that he really loves dinosaurs}.  He can also tell you the names of most dinos and the sound they make, thanks to an app on the iPad and his favorite TV show- Dino Dan.

1.  He is such a good big brother! He loves to give Ryan kisses, tell her he loves her {Wuv you, Wyan}, and make sure she has her paci when she is crying.  It is so heartwarming to see how he has totally accepted her into our family and now looks out for her like the big brother he is! I hope that this continues forever!! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKETT!! We love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy B-day Beckett! Your package is on its way! Laliah

    ReplyDelete