Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Let's Pretend

Lately, Beckett has been someone else. As in, pretend play. He has been Mr. Frodo from Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, and every once in a while he likes to pretend to be one of our dogs. This morning, he was Sammie. Sammie likes to hide under the bed.
 That Little People person is "his favorite doggie toy".
She had to check it out too.
 Last weekend, we were going somewhere and I said, "Beckett, please put on your shoes" to which he replied, "I'm not Beckett, I'm Mr. Frodo."  And we addressed him as Mr. Frodo for the next hour.

Even superheros have bad hair days...
 I love seeing how his imagination is developing! Beckett is so funny and creative. He can pretend that boxes are caves, legos are guns, dinosaurs are villains that super heros have to stop. We haven't really seen him lose interest in any toys, he just re-imagines them as something else. Even the Toy Story toys find their way into the game!

He can really get lost in his own imagination and we all get a part. Kenny has been Green Goblin many times. I will get assigned a role too. It's so fun!

He even lets Ryan play along for as long as she has the attention to. Last night we had friends over and Beckett and Will played Spiderman until I was convinced I would have webs all over my house! They were nice enough to let Ryan chase after them a time or two.

I love how he never gets bored. This is such a fun age!

No comments:

Post a Comment