Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Great Weekend Part 3

Sunday was such a beautiful day (weather wise) that we decided to take a drive up to the lake. My family has a cabin on Lake Tenkiller, it is a wonderful place filled with great memories of my childhood summers. I absolutely LOVE the cabin- there is no place like it! We haven't made it up here this summer since Beckett is still too little to go out on the lake (ok, I'm too nervous to take him on the lake) and we've been pretty busy. But today we decided it was a good time for a "day trip". After arriving, we had lunch at Soda Steve's and then headed to the cabin.

This is the front porch, where relaxing happens.

Beckett loved the leaves!
I'm pretty sure he's going to enjoy fall.

We even took Beckett down to the water and let him get his feet wet. He kept trying to sit down so we had to hang on to him pretty tight :) if I would have been thinking (and if we hadn't hopped in the car without planning) I would have brought a "little swimmer", but we'll remember that next time.
My favorite picture!
We had such a wonderful time! Next summer will be easier (hopefully) to pack up for the weekend and spend some time at the lake.

I really hope that Beckett comes to enjoy the cabin as much as I do- I think he's pretty impressed so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment