This week I took Beckett to the doctor for his one year check up (she was out of town last week so we had to wait). Beckett is 31" (81%) and 24 lbs (60%), so he's going to be tall- not a big surprise :) His doctor said that he looks great, he's acting great, he can start having whole milk and we can turn his car seat around! So, this is what we now see when we are backing out of the driveway:
It's so fun! Beckett loves it too. At first he didn't know what to do, he was real quiet, but now he'll gabber and even throw his toys down on the floor because he knows I can pick them up. And I like it because I can tickle his toes to keep him from falling asleep when we are 5 minutes away from the house (and his nap time).
He has started getting bottles that are half formula and half milk, this helps his tummy get used to the milk protein but mostly it helps because we still have a can of formula that I don't want to waste :) Beckett's loving it- it's going to be an easy transition.
We are working on his pick eating habits (that could be worse, I keep expecting him to eat anything and obviously that's not going to happen all the time). The doctor suggested eating with him and to feed him what we are eating when possible so that he's more interested. Usually, if we are eating something that's not fried I just give what we are eating, but it's hard when he is ready to eat at 5:30-6 and we aren't eating until 6:30-7. So, today I just gave him his snack later than usual, and he ate tacos with us- and loved the ground beef, not something he usually goes for! Here's hoping that we can keep him interested in yummy food, and different kinds of yummy food, not just bananas and nectarines! Speaking of eating... I thought this picture was funny...
Something fun we've done this weekend is hanging the new swing that Beckett got for his birthday. Beckett loves to swing, and usually he falls asleep in the park swings, so we were pretty sure he'd like to swing at home, too. Kenny hung the swing under the tree in our back yard and we took Beckett out after bath time since it wasn't as hot and humid, at first he was a little unsure...
but then he warmed up to it!
I'm sure we'll have many days and evenings under the tree, in the swing!

No comments:
Post a Comment