Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Big Step, Picture-taking-wise

I've been taking pictures with my camera for about a year and a half now.  I have always wanted to be able to take good pictures of my kids. That's all.

Recently, I've been reading online tutorials and trying to learn all the fun things my camera can do. Today, I'm kind of excited to say that I took some pictures in full manual mode ;)  THat means I was adjusting the aperture, ISO, and shutter speed all by myself! They are far from perfect, I have a lot to learn still.  But the idea of using my camera the way it was made to be used is no longer super intimidating.

Here are a few pictures {ok, only 3 pictures... I had a lot of "experimental shots" that didn't turn out :)} that I took, and like I said, they are far from perfect.  But for me they are exciting.
{it's the little things}



4 comments:

  1. Very good! I got to get brave enough to try manual myself soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan is getting so big and cute! I love the Halloween photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! It's definitely not that scary once you understand how they all relate and the pictures look great! I let Jackie borrow a book that is really great at explaining how to shoot in manual (easy to read, with lots of color pics)- you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete